The BTS VertiClimber is a fixed wire rope vertical climbing lifeline system that provides 100% Fall Protection from the Ground Up. Using an easily operated detachable sliding type 1 fall arrester, the user can slide up and down the entire system which consists of stainless steel swage-less components.
The type 1 fall arrester is designed to grab and lock against the 8mm wire rope the instant a fall begins and reduce the distance of fall to less than 300mm. Once the karabiner is installed, the type 1 fall arrester cannot be unintentionally removed from the cable. The type 1 fall arrester has a built-in mechanism preventing it from operating in the upside down position
BTS Vertical Safety Climb Cable System is designed to provide fall protection while climbing or descending a variety of ladders or vertical structures. Applications include telecommunication towers, light poles, water towers, hydro electro towers, stacks or any other climbable structure that requires permanently placed climbing protection.
- Hands-free movement up and down a ladder
- Easy to install components –no swagging required on site
- Integral Polyurethane Shock Absorber with Overload Indicator reduces the load transferred onto the attaching ladder or structure in the event of a fall
- All VertiClimber ladder hardware components manufactured in AISI Stainless Steel Grade 316
- Can be attached to side or centre of a ladder
- Detachable Shuttle that allows for removal from system preventing unauthorised access
- Also available with a 2.5m extended ladder extension for safe ladder access and egress
- System designed to secure a maximum of 2 people (1 person per travelling shuttle)