Match your crane to the size of your load! The world’s most popular line of portable davit cranes now offers all of the features you’ve come to appreciate in an even lighter model, perfect for smaller loads.
- Load ratings up to 650 lbs (294 kg)
- Electric, Hydraulic or Pneumatic Operation
- Rotates 360º
- Quick-Disconnect Anchor
- Available in 5 finishes
- 2-Year Standard Warranty
up to 650 lb capacity with M4022PB-K spur gear hand winch - powder coat crane
up to 650 lb capacity with M4022PB-K spur gear hand winch – galvanized crane
up to 650 lb capacity with 4WM2-K worm gear hand winch - powder coat crane
up to 650 lb capacity with 4WM2-K worm gear hand winch - galvanized crane
up to 650 lb capacity with M4042PBSS-K spur gear hand winch – stainless steel crane
up to 650 lb capacity with 4WP2-K electric winch - powder coat crane
up to 650 lb capacity - base model - powder coat finish
up to 650 lb capacity - base model - galvanized finish
up to 650 lb capacity - 316 stainless steel finish
up to 650 lb capacity - epoxy gray finish
M4022PB-K – spur gear hand winch only – black defender coating
4WM2-K – worm gear hand winch only – powder coat
4WM2EGRA-K – worm gear hand winch only - epoxy gray
M4042PBSS-K – spur gear hand winch only – stainless steel
4WP2-K electric winch – 115/1/60 VAC with 6 ft pendant control – enamel
4WP2EGRA-K electric winch – 115/1/60 VAC with 6 ft pendant control – epoxy gray
4777-K electric winch – 115/1/60 VAC with 6 ft pendant control – enamel
4777EGRA-K electric winch – 115/1/60 VAC with 6 ft pendant control – epoxy gray
4777DC-K electric winch – 12 volt DC with 10 ft pendant control – enamel
4777DCEGRA-K electric winch – 12 volt DC with 10 ft pendant control – epoxy gray
Welded Steel Construction
Crane boom, mast and base fabricated from heavy-duty welded constructed structural steel pipe and tubing that limits deflection and meets ASTM standards.
Boom extends to four positions with quick-release pin and adjusts angle with ratchet
Thern davit cranes can be configured with a spur or worm gear manual winch or power winch. Choose from Thern’s spur or worm gear hand winches or power winch with 115/1/60 as standard. Other voltages available as well as pneumatic, hydraulic or DC Volt power operation.
Corrosion Resistant Finish
Electrostatic powder coated crane and stainless steel fasteners combine to resist corrosion in harsh environments. Other options available include: galvanized, stainless steel and epoxy finishes.
Quick-release clevis style stainless steel pins allow for easy assembly and quick disassembly for transport or storage. No tools required.
For quickly attaching or removing wire rope equipped with a swaged ball fitting. This allows the operator to leave the wire rope attached to the load at all times and simply remove the rope from the winch and attach to the optional wire rope keeper, cable reel.
Sheave Clevis Pin
The sheave clevis pin is D-Shaped to prevent the clevis pin from rotating when under light loads
Quick-Mount Winch Bracket
A variety of Thern winches can be attached to the bracket. After a winch is attached, the bracket is easily mounted (without tools) to the crane via quick-connect pins.
A cap on top of the mast helps keep weather and debris out of the mas
The new rotation handle position does not interfere with the operation of the boom angle adjustment screw jack
Tapered roller bearing allows smooth and easy 360° crane rotation under load.
Variety of Bases (sold separately)
Pedestal, flush and wall mount bases allow for a variety of mounting solutions and are easily installed to a variety of solid surfaces with anchor bolts or other fastening methods. Bases sold separately. Base cap included with lanyard keeps water and debris out of base when crane is removed.
Industry-leading two-year limited warranty on all our products
NOTE: Performance ratings and lift below floor level distances vary depending upon boom position, base configuration, winch and wire rope assembly. The information found here covers the majority of those variables which are necessary to make an informed selection of the appropriate crane configuration for the intended application. For more information or assistance, please contact one of our experts at 1-800-843-7648. IMPORTANT: It is the owner’s or operator’s responsibility to determine the suitability of the equipment to its intended use. Study all applicable codes, manuals and regulations. Be sure to read the Owner’s Manual supplied with the equipment before operating it.
Commander 500 with Pedestal Base
Base Installation Hardware
Torque controlled expansion anchor bolt kits.
- AN50A-5 – 4 Hilti® Zinc Plated Steel fasteners 1/2 X 5.50 STL KB-TZ
- AN50A-5S – 4 Hilti® 304 Stainless Steel fasteners 1/2 X 5.50 SST304 KB-TZ
- AN50A-5S316 – 4 Hilti® 316 Stainless Steel fasteners 1/2 X 5.50 SST316 KB-TZ
Keeps cable taut when no load is attached. Attach to cable.
- HB10-12-25 – Red Painted 10lb fits 1/8” to 1/4” Rope
- HB10S-12-25 – Stainless Steel 10lb fits 1/8” to 1/4” Rope
- 5PT5 Series Rotational Lock, holds crane position at 30° increments. 316 Stainless Steel
- ED330-DW11 – 120 VAC, 11 amp, 330rpm drill-motor to power drive the hand winch. Only available for cranes configured with the M2 winch option. Includes 1-1/8” hex drive socket.
- ED300-DW06 – Cordless drill kit, 60 V Brushless Motor, 300rpm drill-motor to power drive the M2 hand winch option. Includes 1-1/8” hex drive socket.
- ED400-DW09 – Heavy Duty Cordless drill kit, 60 V Brushless Motor, 400rpm drill-motor to power drive the M2 hand winch option. Includes 1-1/8” hex drive socket.
RW50 – Keeps wire rope neat and safe when not in use. 316 stainless steel reel winds up wire rope when detached from crane. Suitable for wire ropes up to 5/16 diameter, wire rope capacity will vary. Not designed to hold a load. Approx. ship weight: 12 lb (5.5 kg).
Wire Rope Capacities
• 3/16 inch wire rope, 140 ft
• 1/4 inch wire rope, 75 ft
• 5/16 inch wire rope, 50 ft
Wire Rope Keeper
- RK19-25S – 304 Stainless steel bracket attaches to base or other structure to hold free end of the wire rope when detached from the crane.
- RK19-25S316 – 316 Stainless steel bracket attaches to base or other structure to hold free end of the wire rope when detached from the crane.
- 5PT5LS-EL – Limit Switch Kit for the 5PT5